My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Life can be easy.

Ryan and I have made quite a few things over the last couple of weeks. It was tough having to go to the grocery store and make a big trip, but it’s worth it to have healthy meals at home.

Starting off, I made another apple pie and actually took a picture before we ate it. Lucky for me, Ryan takes most of the credit for polishing it off.


















We also had been making a few veggie burgers. My favorite thing to do is to sauté sliced peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinach in olive oil. Then pile the toppings on a veggie burger and top it with a little bit of cheese and let that melt. Serve it on a toasted English muffin. It rocks.

















A good lunch option is a Tempeh sandwich. I lean more towards the Tempeh Reuben with sauerkraut, pickle, and VwaV’s sauce and some spinach. Ryan went more the TLT route with spinach and tomato. Definitely no pickle for him!
















These kind of dishes always make my life much easier. We had to do a lot of errand running that night and were proud of ourselves for making dinner before we went out and were tempted by all kinds of dining out options.

13 comments:

  1. mmm...life's good! I love the look of that apple pie and the tempeh sammie!
    megan the vegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty food, the apple pie is beautifull.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sandwich looks so good! I love tempeh.
    And that pie! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man...all of that looks so good...makes me want to have you pack my lunch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your veggie burger idea - especially the part with the English muffin. Looks so delicious. I'll definitely be making that some time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, by the way, your pie is gorgeous! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just finished lunch and now I want a tempeh sandwich!

    Everything looks super and the apple pie looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for tempeh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I am so glad to get feedback, my blog is so new and I am totally winging it, I really have no clue about computers so I am learnign a lot. By the way I can't wait to checkout your blog. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have missed seeing the Cafe Cyan creations! I know that we're all so busy, and this is a supremely hectic time of the year, so good luck to you guys.
    That pie looks better than any pie I could ever hope to bake! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, that apple pie crust looks so perfect -- love the cute stars! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am lacking the pie crust gene.. yours looks fabulous! a real beauty!
    and your yummy sandwhiches.. fast food at its best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That pie looks absolutely perfect and so do the tempeh sandwiches. What is the VwaV'sauce? So many things to learn :)

    Love you,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...