My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Pad Thai

Last night we didn't make anything. Ryan had to pick up his school books for next semester and we went out to eat some greasy food at Psycho Suzi's, play cards and catch some of the Vikings game.

So, instead of posting about our fried food, I'll post something we had the other week, but didn't have time to blog about...Pad Thai.

This recipe is from Very Vegetarian and is the second time we have made it. It has just the right amount of spice from some siracha sauce - I remembered to use just a tiny bit. The tofu was cooked perfectly and I kept popping little pieces into my mouth while the rest of the veggies were cooking. It was sauteed in ginger, garlic, and olive oil which formed a nice little crust on the tofu. We used whatever veggies we had on hand - radishes, carrots, and peas from what I can remember. Here's a pic of everything stir-frying:

















And here's the final product. We topped it with some sprouts. When we made this last time, I only had alfalfa sprouts on hand instead of bean sprouts and we kinda like it that way. We also serve it with a lime wedge, but that didn't make it to the picture.
















Ryan is heading to a Twins game tonight, so I'm on my own for dinner. Not sure if I'll try to truly make something or just eat whatever is on hand. I hear green beans calling my name though...

9 comments:

  1. Here's the dealio with me...I like sprouts...I really do, but sometimes people go too nutz with them when I get them on a dish! grr! Judicious sprout distribution is a must for moi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. know what's really funny about Psycho Suzi's? It is greasy as sin, but I never feel sick afterwards! Weird.

    Must be the good kinda greasy. :)

    Yum to the pad thai, by the way! One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm... Pad Thai.. we love that too... I will be making more on Friday.. delicious stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm a big fan of pad thai
    looks yummy to me
    teddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. great looking pad-thai! how did the green bean craving go?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fresh green beans . . . wish they grew year round in my yard!! Hmmm!! Maybe next year I'll have to plant some.

    Clayton and Barbara used to plant of ton of them and then all us kids would be involved with the process of picking off the tips and getting them ready to be frozen. Good memories!!

    I'm waiting for the invite to cook and try tofu at your place. Maybe when things calm down after summer :)

    Love You Two,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried tofu....I'll come along to that cooking party :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohmygosh, that's spectacular!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...