My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Saturday, July 1, 2006

Lazyman Triathalon Starts!

Today is the first day of the Lazyman Triathalon sponsored by the YMCA! I work out regularly by doing yoga, BodyPump (endurance weight lifting), and cycling, however, I wanted to boost up my workouts and thought this was a great idea.

So, Ryan and I decided to participate in the Lazyman Triathalon. It's like a regular triathalon, but you have 5 weeks to complete the activities:

112 miles of biking
26.2 miles of running
2.5 miles of swimming

Even though we have 5 weeks to complete it, it is still quite intense to get all the activities in. We have planned it all out week by week so we meet our goals.

Wish us luck!!

9 comments:

  1. GOOD LUCK!!!

    Sounds like a heckuva lotta fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool. I've never heard of such an event. So cool...let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like so much fun! You two will complete it I am sure! Good Luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm impressed. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the support everyone!! I had high hopes of getting my swimming done here at the Atlanta hotel, but didn't realize all the KIDS who are here. Can't get close to the pool, but at least no one is in the workout room!

    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found a computer at my aunts house in NY woo hoo :). just visiting for the day tho

    I love this idea of the Lazyman triathalon. It works great for me
    Thanks for posting a let us know how Ryan does!

    Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a perfect triathalon. I've always wanted to do a real one, but I think the running would be the hardest part for me. I know that you two can do anything you set your minds on doing!! Hope you're having fun in Atlanta!

    Love You,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. We need to do yoga together soon! Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...