My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Friday, June 2, 2006

School Lunches Rock!

As Ryan mentioned yesterday, last night we had appointments at EQ Life - Ryan was getting his first professional haircut in years (he usually just buzzes his own hair with the clippers). It turned out great - nice to have a bit more style for him. I had a 1 hour organic facial - how relaxing and the scents were fantastic! They used Eminence products with scents like Quince Apple, Sour Cherry, Rosehip, Honeydew. Yum! (literally - some got on my lips and it tasted quite good)

So, we had to have a quick dinner which is one of our faves, Italian Dunkers. This originated back in our school lunch days. I always ate the school lunches and most of my friends did too. Ryan was too cool for that and often went out with his "cool" friends. He would, however, eat school lunch on Italian Dunker days (although he was still too cool to sit with me). So, we had to replicate it.


We use Ragu's Mama's Meat Sauce - we've tried some meatless sauces, but it's just not the same. We take a loaf of french bread, cut it into 1-inch slices, spread on some butter and garlic and top with mozzarella cheese. That goes under the broiler for a couple minutes. Then we dunk them into the heated sauce and eat. Very satisfying and quick.




TGIF! There's a lot going on this weekend with the grand opening of Midtown Global Market, Grand Ole Day and my new hire just invited me to his cricket match on Sunday. They are the #1 team going for the championship, so it should be exciting. I have another secret shop scheduled and the MTV Movie Awards are on (appetizer night!) Let's see how much we accomplish.

4 comments:

  1. Fun weekend planned! I love Italian Dunkers! MMMMMMMM.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not food related, but... I was just talking today with my bf, currently working in London, about how I never hear of cricket games in the US. Weirdly cosmic! I have research to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel - yes, fun weekend planned and you even surprised us by stopping by! Well, I should stop writing back to you since you're waiting for me to go out with you :)

    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Taylor - Crazy - totally cosmic indeed. A lot of my new hires from India play cricket on the weekends, so if you can tap into that group, you should be able to find a match nearby. I'll let you know how it goes!

    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...