My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Rose of Suzhou tea






















This is a simple post about the Rose of Suzhou tea from Teavana I(Ryan) enjoyed after finishing a project that has been in process for quite awhile. I had to take a picture of this tea to share because it looks so cool. It takes about 15 minutes to brew in hot water and ends up having slight hint of sweetness. This tea is "...comprised of a delicate Globe Amaranth flower hand tied with Suzhous(the Venice of China) Green Tea."

















Here is a pic of the project I just mentioned. Crystal conceived the idea and I did most of the "leg work." My boss loaned me a laser level, which helped with the leveling, but gave both Crystal and I a slight headache. DON'T LOOK AT THE LASER!!! I am very happy with the way it turned out.

10 comments:

  1. Are those all your pictures? We have my pix all over the place :) In my other life I do some photography:

    www.wheresmymind.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We took all of these pictures ourselves, but by no means are we advanced photographers...pointin a desired direction and snap the pic.

    The pictures are from the following places:

    Two are in Spain
    Three in France
    One in Amsterdam
    The flower was in our London flat
    One in St. Louis(the arch)
    Two in Minnesota
    One in Virginia
    One in Salt Lake City

    We have other pictures we have taken up around the house but thought this would be cool to have a consolidation above our couch in the living room.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Your projesct is done and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that tea was good the one with the flower i remember when you gave me one of those! yummy! those pic on your wall look good too good job! I want them too how much?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the compliments on the pictures Rachel and Anonymous.

    Anonymous...I know who you are! I will take one million dollars for the pictures. I will even come over to your house and hang them for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Numi also makes flowering teas. I like to give them as simple gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link Taylor! I think they would make great gifts for tea drinkers.

    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pictures look great. Can't wait to see them in person next weekend. Obviously your mother failed to teach you about not looking at the laser!!
    Since Indigo is so close, I'll have to stop there and see if they have that kind of tea or another flowering tea. Shhh - don't tell dad. He'll probably think I don't need another tea to add to the nine varieties I already have.

    Love You - Have an Awesome Day!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Great picture. I learned about this tea from the store Teavana here in Florida. I was watching the movie Maria Antonette and in this movie she presents this tea bud in a cup. It was really great to learn that this is a very old presentation of this great tea. I watch it bloom every morning now and it never ceases to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. reviewed this half a year after -- same picture? something doesn't add up :P

    http://www.thetestmarketevolution.com/FoodBev/Bev/teavana.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...