My Blog on WCCO-TV: Bite of Minnesota

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Quick Dinner

Sorry guys, not much of a post today as I had an early morning networking event and a busy day at work.

Last night Ryan headed out with a friend for dinner while I went over to my family's house. I was having my mom plant some newly bought eggplant for me and my dad taught me something interesting. My grandpa loved eggplant! Now, I never got much of a chance to know either of my grandpas. We had a lot of cousins so when it was holiday time, we were all busy running around playing instead of spending quality time with grandpa. As a result, I never knew that much about him. Both grandpas passed away when I was around 14-ish. It's odd that such a small tidbit about my grandpa would get me so excited, but it did!

My sister was making dinner and I would have loved to stay - the corn on the cob looked so good! However, I had to make it an early night and head home. I made myself a quick dinner of a Morningstar Farms burger, some Morningstar Farms corn dog nuggets, and a mixed greens salad. I did whip up a dressing of balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, sesame oil and olive oil. Nothing special, but it turned out great!

3 comments:

  1. my husband is a fan of those corn dogs from MSF. Lightlife makes a pretzel dog and I bought it for him once because I thought he'd be interested. Apparently it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh - pretzel dog. Sounds good. I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one. I love pretzels!

    Thanks for stopping by - we've always admired your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got around to adding you to my blogroll. I was out of town so I've been behind on stuff! My blog is so sad at the moment, but I'm planning a bbq this weekend, so hopefully we'll come up with some interesting stuff to post about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...